Love ooey-gooey chocolate brownies? Try this recipe next time for a healthy, yet decadent change.
You may be surprised at the secret ingredient here: avocado, which deepens the chocolate flavor and adds creaminess.
These bites are so rich and decadent, you won’t need more than one to be satisfied!
Nonstick cooking spray
1 ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
4 tablespoons butter, melted
1 large egg
½ cup light brown sugar
½ cup pure maple syrup
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
¼ teaspoon sea salt
1¼ cups gluten-free flour
½ cup dark chocolate chips, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Spray an 8-inch square baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mash the avocado in a large bowl until smooth. Then add the melted butter, egg, brown sugar, maple syrup, vanilla and 2 teaspoons of water.
- Mix well to combine.
- Add the cocoa powder and stir until fully incorporated and free of any large lumps.
- Combine the flour and salt in a separate bowl, then stir in the avocado mixture and melted chocolate.
- Spread the batter evenly in the prepared pan and bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until the brownies are cooked through.
- Allow the brownies to cool in the pan before cutting them into 16 brownie bites.
|Read on: Avocado Brownie Bites|